Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Make your own Supply box!

I don't know about you, but last year I had several different mismatching containers on my desk that held pens, markers, my pencils, staple removers. It was a CLUTTER DISASTER! So I found this idea on pinterest and altered it for my classroom.
Here is the finished product!!!!


Here is the shoe box and fabric. I cut the fabric like this.

I used glue dots and tried hot glue. But you could do it mostly on glue dots! I had the mini glue dots, but the bigger ones would probably work better!
This is how I set my glue dots on each side. then just started from the base of the shoe box and smoothed it over the glue dots.
I put glue dots on the inside of the box and folded the fabric into the shoe box.
The fabric doesn't go all the way down but it wont show once you have the toilet paper rolls in there.
Then, I spray painted toilet paper rolls and hot glued them together and to the bottom of the box so they won't lift up when I pull pens and markers out. TADA! No more mismatching containers and jars.
What do you think?? How do you organize yourself with those commonly used supplies that need to be within reach??



No comments:

Post a Comment