Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Multiplication Quizzes... Problem Solved!!!

Happy Hump Day!
Okay I was surfing pinterest.. and found this genius idea! It is a way to do multiplication fact quizzes in your classroom as time efficiently as possible. I don't know about you but, I had to ALWAYS keep track of how many copies I needed and since the kids went at their own pace some days I would need 10 copies of X5 and I only had 4 because I forgot to make those copies! AHHHHH!
So I found this video by Suzy Brooks on Multiplying Mavens. She had the greatest idea to make these type quizzes.

Step 1:
Copy the quiz for a class set. ( I have two classes for math so I will copy two class sets and let each student take care of their own.)

Step 2:
Slip those pages into page protectors...TADA instant white board. 

Then you have a teacher checklist and you are good to go. I am so excited to use this idea this year. I am still racking my brain to figure out how I can use it for mixed quizzes of multiplication and division. I'll keep you posted.

I don't like to separate out the operations because I want my kiddos to realize the important of understand their fact families to help them with division facts. Here is my version of the quiz.
You can get it as a FREEBIE in my TPT store here.

What do you think? How do you do your fact quizzes in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment